July 21, 2021
Whether you’re moving, freeing up some much needed space, or looking for a place to store excess inventory, one of the most common questions we hear is centered around how much storage space people need, realistically. And while there’s no exact science to the process, taking a little time to do an honest assessment of what you’re looking to store can end up saving you time and money, all while simplifying the process of finding the right self-storage for your needs.
As one of Rochester, NY’s newest and most popular self-storage centers, we at Charlotte Self Storage thought it would be helpful to share a few things to consider when determining which size of self-storage unit most efficiently addresses your needs.
- Conduct a thorough inventory and measurements of what you need to store
- Consider both immediate needs, as well as any future items you’ll be storing
- For those storing larger items and volume, be sure to leave a little extra room
- Be honest when it comes to deciding how long will you need to store your items
- Determine your storage space budget before committing to a specific unit
- Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as needed to make the best decision.
Choosing a self-storage unit to accommodate your exact needs may seem like a no-brainer, but as many know, things add up quickly, and many individuals find items that they didn’t initially consider. At Charlotte Self Storage in Rochester, NY we offer a diverse selection of brand new, highly-secured self-storage units, and staff a team of experts to help you make the best choice.
For more information on our facility, storage units, or rates get in touch with Charlotte Self Storage in Rochester today. We’re conveniently located at 240 Boxart Street, and can be reached by phone at 585-734-3718 during normal business hours, or via email 24/7 by filling out the short form on our contact page.